Interpreter Reed Cotton with Ryan Twomey, Carol Lake and Kay Morgan
Missing from photo Hannah Rubin
THE LITERARY ARTS GUILD OF THE CENTER FOR THE ARTS, LAKE SUNAPEE REGION
IN CELEBRATION OF POETRY MONTH
SUBMISSIONS TO ITS ANNUAL POETRY CONTEST
Information is posted in January. Deadline for submissions is March. Awards are in April.
2022 Theme: Farming in New Hampshire is vibrant and varied, from blueberries to bison, from eggs to emus and many tempting products in between. For our poetry contest 2022, submit a poem about a favorite farm, farmer or farm product that fascinates you. Have fun!
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
Compose a poem on the above theme.
· Poets may submit one (1) original unpublished poem inspired by the theme.
· Poems should be typed in a 12-pt, or larger font.
· Poems should be no longer than one, “8.5 inch by 11 inch,” page.
· Poets should submit by mail (address below). Send two (2) copies of your poem: one copy including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The second copy should have no identifying information.
· The winning poets will be notified (by telephone or e-mail) by March 25th and will be invited to read their poem at the April 1st event described below.
· Contestants who want to receive a list of contest winners should also submit a stamped, self-addressed envelope with their entries. There is no fee for submission.
· Submissions should be mailed by March 12th, 2022 to Dianalee Velie, PO Box 290, Newbury, NH 03255, (603) 938-2734, email@example.com.
· Members of the Center For the Arts’ Literary Arts Guild are not eligible for this contest.
· There will be 3 winners in the adult category: First, Second and Third.
· There will be one winner in each of the following categories: High School, Middle School and Elementary School.
· The judge for the contest is Betsy Snider, a New Hampshire poet, who in her own words describes her poetry as “Meditations on the art of prayer by a lesbian ex-nun,” This quote is from her latest collection, View From the Other Side.
· The winning poets will be honored and invited to read their poems in a public celebration of poetry
Friday, April 1, 2022 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Newbury Town Offices 937 Route 103, Newbury NH
Public invited ~ Refreshments served if COVID restrictions permit~ No charge for admission ~ Donations welcome!
If COVID Restrictions are still in place the event will be held on Zoom.
No race can prosper until it learns there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.
-Booker T. Washington