THE LITERARY ARTS GUILD OF THE CENTER FOR THE ARTS, LAKE SUNAPEE REGION
IN CELEBRATION OF POETRY MONTH 2022
SUBMISSIONS TO ITS ANNUAL POETRY CONTEST
Theme: Farming in New Hampshire is vibrant and varied, from blueberries to bison, from eggs to emus and many tempting products in between. For our poetry contest 2022, submit a poem about a favorite farm, farmer or farm product that fascinates you. Have fun!
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
Compose a poem on the above theme.
· Poets may submit one (1) original unpublished poem inspired by the theme.
· Poems should be typed in a 12-pt, or larger font.
· Poems should be no longer than one, “8.5 inch by 11 inch,” page.
· Poets should submit by mail (address below). Send two (2) copies of your poem: one copy including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The second copy should have no identifying information.
· The winning poets will be notified (by telephone or e-mail) by March 25th and will be invited to read their poem at the April 1st event described below.
· Contestants who want to receive a list of contest winners should also submit a stamped, self-addressed envelope with their entries. There is no fee for submission.
· Submissions should be mailed by March 12th, 2022 to Dianalee Velie, PO Box 290, Newbury, NH 03255, (603) 938-2734, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Members of the Center For the Arts’ Literary Arts Guild are not eligible for this contest.
· There will be 3 winners in the adult category: First, Second and Third.
· There will be one winner in each of the following categories: High School, Middle School and Elementary School.
· The judge for the contest is Betsy Snider, a New Hampshire poet, who in her own words describes her poetry as “Meditations on the art of prayer by a lesbian ex-nun,” This quote is from her latest collection, View From the Other Side.
· The winning poets will be honored and invited to read their poems in a public celebration of poetry
Friday, April 1, 2022 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Newbury Town Offices 937 Route 103, Newbury NH
Public invited ~ Refreshments served if COVID restrictions permit~ No charge for admission ~ Donations welcome!
If COVID Restrictions are still in place the event will be held on Zoom.
No race can prosper until it learns there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.
-Booker T. Washington
Copyright © 2018 Center for the Arts-Lake Sunapee Region - All Rights Reserved.